Wednesday 23 April 2014

Protecting the (In)sanity

When I feel overwhelmed with things that life throws at me I have a habit of going underground for a day or so. By underground I mean out of the social scene. I hold all calls, don't look at emails/texts, I don't participate in chats on Facebook/Google+ or anywhere else.

Long ago I recognised that by doing this I can avoid reaching low levels of depression, over do the humour to ignore what I'm really feeling or worse still, sharing a negative that I ultimately know is only temporary. This is my way of saying to my friends and family 'I'm ok, I just need to regroup' or in other words, spend a condensed amount of time focussing on prayers, scriptures and thoughts. I will indulge in listening to talks, reading Lds literature and journalling out all my worries and frustrations so I can reassemble some order before I pray about them and get some direction.

You see, my faith is the difference between the choice of being the person I want to be b/c of the trials I need to endure and learn from and the person that just gets by. I've done the latter for two years and I have to say, it's a lonely road where I feel like I'm walking the M5 in rush hour. I love having faith, I love being challenged now I recognise it and have a back up plan to it, I love that my belief has developed from faith to knowledge and I love that there is a reason for all this happening.

So while I may only be seen skulking around Fb (I'm playing a game on there that fills in the times when I can't sleep and feel all thought and cried out) I do need to take the time to prioritise myself and do all I can to be the me I was intended to be.

Therefore.... I urge anyone that's feeling overwhelmed to shut up shop, close down the world and take what time you can as a health day. After all, there's not much worse a feeling than feeling than you are lost in your own life.

Debs

No comments: