Wednesday 19 March 2014

Don't mess with the meds!

I was beginning to think that the Methotrexate was a hoax so I went back to the arthritis uk website and managed to find the info I was looking for. I'd lapsed in taking Naproxen and that wasn't cool. For 2/3 days I'd only remembered to take the morning dosage and having to battle with fatigue I often didn't take the afternoon one which has really made a difference. So taking the correct dosages today has proven that either the metha hasn't kicked in yet or its definitely an 'as well as' medication. The nurse confirmed the latter. Dopey!

Another mess up was on my week 3 metha, I should have upped the dosage. Instead I wondered why I had 4 tiny pills left over on week 5 when I shouldn't have had any left. I'd forgotten to up the intake.

Has my mind finally crashed? I'm usually pretty good with this stuff b/c I really want to reclaim some of my life back so if I'm not prepared to help myself it's not really going to happen. My pill box is pretty straightforward, I fill it up each Sunday for the week and that gives me enough time to put in any new prescriptions at least a week ahead, but as I've proven that my brain cannot be relied on (which is nothing new, honestly) perhaps I should promote the pills to a 4 weekly one!

Having spoken to the receptionist at my Dr's surgery she informed me that I am to have monthly blood tests, see the asthma nurse monthly (both strict requirements for the metha) and have monthly blood pressure checks due to me having low b/p and passing out in the past which required the paramedics! Seriously, for someone who doesn't like drama I certainly don't do too bad with it! :)

So my date diary is looking hot.

Oops, wrong diary ;)

So, the message today:

Don't mess with the meds!
Debs

No comments: